Resources for Peace Job Seekers
Created by Dr. Craig Zelizer in 2007, The Peace and Collaborative Development Network (PCDN) is one of the leading online networks connecting the global social change community. PCDN is a rapidly growing social enterprise that gathers over 34,000 professionals, organizations and students engaged in development, peace, conflict resolution, gender, social entrepreneurship and related fields. It offers a one stop shop to inspire, connect, inform and provide the tools and resources to scale social change.
One of the goals of this network is to provide a centralized resource for anyone seeking employment in the field of international affairs, peacebuilding, development and related areas. This brief section provides an overview of basic site resources for careers.
HOW TO USE THE NETWORK FOR JOB SEARCHING Many employers are now using the network to identify and recruit candidates for potential positions. To ensure that you might be considered for these opportunities, it is strongly recommended to have a brief bio in your profile that highlights you relevant skills and experience (3 to 4 paragraphs). In addition, members should fill out the other areas of their profile and indicate relevant sectoral areas, languages, geographic experience, etc.
For anyone seeking career opportunities first we recommend you review the key job resources on the network that include:
- See our Tips for Developing Effective Resumes.pdf
- Read the ACT Report (based on interviews with 60 employers) Guide to Careers In International Peace and Conflict Resolution Webreport.pdf
- See Dr. Zelizer’s Talk Can you make a living and change the world or change the world and make a living?
- See Dr. Zelizer’s webinar, Strategies and Tools for Advancing a Career in Peacebuilding and Social Change
- Guide: World’s Top Meta List of Job Sites/Resources in Social Change, Development, Peacebuilding and Related Fields
- There are no silos in working for better lives, wisdom for advancing careers in peacebuilding and the social sector
- Guide to Internships
- Guide to Academic Jobs
- Job/Consulting Opportunities Forum Opportunities can be viewed in forum (a reminder please no individual requests by individuals seeking jobs are permitted). Please note the PCDN network posts opportunities as a service to the community, we are not hiring for positions and individuals always need to follow the links and instructions on how to apply.
- Top 10 Tips for for a Successful Career in Washington, D.C. Policymaking
- Key Tips for Entering the Education in Emergencies Field
- UN Job List Guides (by Sebastian Rottmair):