Christmas Peace Flashmob
Although the Bible tells in the words of Jesus to
- love our neighbors as ourselves (Leviticus 19:18).
- Some people say that Jesus was a pacifist, and Christians should support a non-violent response to terrorist attacks.
- „Whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also“(Matthew 5:39)
Therefore, as wikipedia tells, „throughout history, many have understood Jesus of Nazareth to have been a pacifist, drawing on
- his Sermon on the Mount (see Christian pacifism). In the sermon Jesus stated that
- one should „not resist an evildoer“ and promoted his turn the other cheek philosophy. „If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well…
- Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.“
The New Testament story is of Jesus, besides preaching these words, surrendering himself freely to an enemy intent on having him killed and proscribing his followers from defending him.
There are those, however, who deny that Jesus, Buddha, Mohamed etc. had realy peace in mind and state that
- Jesus never said that you should not fight, citing examples from the New Testament.
- One such instance portrays an angry Jesus driving dishonest market traders from the temple.
A frequently quoted passage is Luke 22:36: “He said to them, ‘But now, the one who has a purse must take it, and likewise a bag. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one.’”
Others have interpreted the non-pacifist statements in the New Testament to be related to self-defense or to be metaphorical and state that on no occasion does Jesus shed blood or urge others to shed blood. As a free thinking person I think: No War is holy
Therefore we send peaceful minds and love to all fearful or hating man and women.
„Je ne suis pas chrétien, chacun met sa foi en ce qu’il croit, en tous cas c’est là un superbe choeur partageant l’Amour dans la grâce.
La Lumière de leurs yeux parle pour tous les mots que l’on pourrait dire.
Ils m’ont fait pleurer de joie et je les en remercie fort !
J’espère que le monde puisse être rempli de ce moment de paix et de joies.
Peu importe la religion, la couleur ou le pays d’où l’on est, l’Amour est le seul chemin.
Joyeux Noël à vous tous-tes, frères et soeurs ! Bruno“
„Merry Christmas with „Peace on Earth“ an original Christmas song! :-)“
For other Spirits
Posted in english, Friedensarbeit, Friedensbewegung, Friedensexport, Friedenskultur, Friedenspädagogik, Friedenspolitik, Global, Mitwelt, Musik, Peacebuilding, Redaktion, Religion, Tipp, Völkerrecht, Weltanschauungen, Zivilcourage