Future of Education
Erstellt am 01.06.2018 von Andreas Hermann Landl
Dieser Artikel wurde 2783 mal gelesen und am 05.06.2018 zuletzt geändert.
Erik Assadourian, Worldwatch Institute | April 20, 2017 www.earthed.info EarthEd: Rethinking Education on a Changing Planet
With global environmental changes locked into our future, what we teach must evolve.
- All education will need to be environmental education, but
- environmental education cannot focus solely on teaching everyone to live just a bit greener.
- Instead, it will need to both teach students to be bold sustainability leaders as well as equip them with the skills necessary to survive the turbulent century ahead.
EarthEd, with contributions from 63 authors, includes chapters on
- traditional environmental education topics, such as
- nature-based learning, and
- systems thinking, as well as
- expanding the conversation to new topics essential for Earth education, such as
- character education,
- social emotional learning,
- the importance of play, and
- comprehensive sex education.
Ultimately, only by boldly adapting education do we stand a chance in adapting to our rapidly changing planet.
ABOUT THE WORLDWATCH INSTITUTE For 40 years, opinion leaders have turned to the Worldwatch Institute for big-picture sustainability insight and multidisciplinary research. Through research and outreach that inspire action, Worldwatch works to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world that meets human needs.
Posted in Uncategorized